January 28, 2009

ark on ground

Morgan Freeman: How do we change the world? 
Evan Baxter: One single act of random kindness at a time. 
Morgan Freeman: [spoken while writing A-R-K on ground with a stick] One Act, of, Random, Kindness.
Living on your own at your own place, I wish I am these three things:
1. kick-ass guitarist
2. super-good at slacklining
3. smoker
The above-mentioned(s) adalah perkara-perkara yang boleh 'baik punyaaa layaaaaan' secara bersendirian sehingga tidak sedar masa berlalu dengan begitu pantas, sekaligus tidaklah terasa bosan sangat bersendirian, imho that is. Too bad that I suck at no 1 and 2, and not interested in no 3. So I find solace in this.
I have always wanted to do something non work related, after work. 
Blowing those work steam off after work.
Coming home to my loved ones after work.
Having a bunch of friends over after work.
Friends to bitch with about work after work.
To sing our hearts out after work.
To nonsensically run or jump around the neighbourhood after work.
To just chill, after work.
Reality check:
Geographically my friends are all over the place.
Their work-times (and sometimes mine) are all around the clock.
Some work way past office hour.
Some work over the weekends and public holidays, but not on weekdays.
Plus the need to rest and sleep so badly.
So I wish I am good at slack lining, or can strum my way out of boredom to at least 10 new songs. A good book will do too. Also, the origami and LEGO sets. There's always some DVDs have yet to be watched. Or cats that need to be bathe. Plants that need to be watered. Floors that need to be polished.
Contradicting myself, I now think it is funny how I could be that bored and restless to begin with. There are always things to do. There are always things to finish.
Boredom is laziness.

2 comments:

Ushna said...

Boredom is laziness indeed!

Hahaha I feel you sister! I always whine about not knowing what to do when there's actually many things I can do...

I'm just plain lazy...

nanayau said...

jangan malas!! hehe

tula, kadang2 satu hari boleh baring tgk tv je, pastu komplen bosan, camne tuh..