April 20, 2006

be foolish

"all you kids in mid-20s, they are in my situation, confuse, not sure which direction life's pulling you, you're just trying to find yourself.. I urge us all, please: be hungry, be foolish, block out the noise, find yourselves, be who you potentially are and be true to your dreams and what you truly want to do. If we all maximize that personal freedom, then we'll change the world."
nick stanbury's final words before being voted out of Panama : Exile Island.

he's 25, having only a 2-year-headstart from me. To be sooo young and so wise... (but my fav this season is still aras baskaukas).
SURVIVOR has never failed to inspire me.. ever

I have been complacent with my current state of living - working, hanging out with friends, going out on dates, "kalaokeing", doing absolutely nothing, enjoying the now moment of having zero major responsibilities. I am grateful though, as I had some really great time with a bunch of great ppl. But after days of SURVIVOR marathon + a talk with a good friend, I started to feel "hungry" again. It hit me that I have been drifted quite far from my main course, my dreams & my passions. Human beings can 1)self excite, 2)get used to things and situations, and I did just that, blending very well with the flow. Now I have to remind myself everyday that life's too precious to be thrown away just like that. We have to keep reminding ourselves, coz as human beings, we forget easily. Why, we have already forgotten what it was like to be kids, curious & full of dreams; as we let ourselves be distracted with the ugliness of reality and give up entirely, just to live on, barely.

I wrote in my English 1 class that I have this fear of growing up, of having responsibilities and expecting the unexpected. I love the unpredictable as I do get bored quite easily; I'm just not sure whether I can handle it well, as not all changes are good changes. Like, just when u thought u know what to expect, someone flips the script.
then again, fear of the potential pain can hinder us, but that would also deny us the potential pleasure, joy & happiness

So let's just be foolish, stop thinking too much as our brains do play tricks on us; close all back doors, JUST DO IT, whatever it is that u want to do, before it's too late.

and don't forget to have fun too, as life's indeed, too short to be grumpy all the time.

1 comment:

Ellyas Abdullah said...

at last, an update. feeuuhh!!

aahhh, of all the things that we have always wanted to do.. any of 'em came true? i doubt it. this past few days, aku sudah tidak dpt duduk diam juga. rakan2 baru ku tidak memahami ke'restless'an jiwa ku ini.

lets just do it.. and not think of others too much..